POSTING TITLE: Advanced EMT (AEMT) Apprenticeship Program Candidate
POSTING DATE: May 11, 2023
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
PAY RATE: $15.00/Hour
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The AEMT Apprenticeship Program is for North Carolina certified EMTs or Nationally certified EMTs seeking an AEMT certification with the long-term goal of continued employment as an AEMT for a minimum of two (2) years. Candidates may apply for the program prior to EMT certification as long as they take the state EMT test prior to the start of the program. Our program enables candidates to work with us and obtain their AEMT certification at no cost. Upon successful
completion of the apprenticeship, participants in good standing may continue their EMS careers with us as an AEMT and will be compensated at the AEMT rate.
This is a paid academy program, which is held Monday-Friday at our training center located at 1015 Island Creek Rd., Rocky Point, NC 28457. After successful completion of the academy, apprentice EMTs begin working on-duty as AEMTs.
Submit a completed Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 910-259- 9098, ATTN: HR. Mail to Pender EMS & Fire, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 805 Ridgewood Ave, Burgaw, NC 28425.
• Graduation from high school or GED and experience in work related to emergency medical services; and or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which
provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
• Credentialed by the North Carolina Medical Examiners Board as an Emergency Medical
Technician or Nationally Registered EMT
• Possession of a valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
• Ability to pass job performance agility test (conducted by Pender EMS & Fire, Inc.)
• Must be able to communicate via a telephone and a two-way radio.
• Current certifications in the following which must remain current during employment with
Pender EMS & Fire: Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Pender EMS and Fire Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise
qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, gender
identity, genetic expression, and genetic information or military status or any other factor protected by
law. These employment decisions include but are not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation,
transfer, promotion, and demotion, reduction in force, recall, benefits, training, and termination.