POSTING TITLE: DRIVER OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT: FIRE SERVICE
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Full and Part-time POSTING DATE: October 7, 2021
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Indefinite
Varies, depending on assignment
TO APPLY Submit a completed Employment Application (available at www.penderemsandfire.com/careers) and current NCDOI Summary Transcript to email@example.com or fax to 910-259-9098, ATTN: HR. Internal Candidates may submit a letter of interest.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the direct supervision of the Battalion Chief, Lieutenant or acting on his/her own volition, responsibilities include ensuring his/her assigned apparatus, equipment and facilities are maintained in appropriate readiness to respond to a variety of life saving emergency calls as well as the safe and efficient operation of firefighting and rescue apparatus in response to emergencies and at the emergency scene; regulating the water pressure from an apparatus; checking apparatus for proper operation and general condition; and performing routine maintenance apparatus and equipment. The Driver Operator may also perform fire prevention, general facility, public education and other related programs and services.
• Possession of a high school diploma or GED
• Three years of firefighting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform in the position.
• Possession of a valid NC Class B driver’s license.
• Possession of an NC EMT-B credential.
• Certified NC Firefighter Level 2.
• Certified NC Emergency Vehicle Driver and 21 years of age.
• Certified NC Driver Operator Pumps.
• Certified NC Driver Operator Aerials.
• Certified NC Technical Rescuer - Vehicle Rescue.
• Certified NC Technical Rescuer.
• NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
• NIMS/ICS 300 & 400 (or the ability o obtain within one year of appointment)
• All Non- NC certifications must have NCOSFM reciprocity.
• Successful NFPA Physical.
Pender EMS and Fire Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Pender EMS and Fire Inc., does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, gender identity, genetic expression, and genetic information or military status.
REQ 20 2021